What is the minimum car insurance in Colorado?
The minimum Colorado Car Insurance is 25/50/15. Colorado is the8th largest state with just over 100,000 square miles. The average temperature in the summer months is 86 degrees. In the winter the average temperature drops to 45 degrees. The annual average is 54 degrees. The average rainfall is 44 inches and the average snowfall is 18 inches.
Colorado Minimum Coverage
|Coverage||Requirements In Colorado|
|Bodily Injury Liability||Minimum $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident|
|Property Damage Liability.||Minimum $15,000|
|State Law||Tort Law|
Failure to Provide Car Insurance
Colorado requires you always carry proof of car insurance with you as evidence. We will need to show proof incase of an accident or traffic stop. Failure to show proof of insurance could lead to fines and penalties in the future
Failing To Maintain Insurance In Colorado
- Four points against your driver license.
- First offense: minimum $500 fine, and license suspension until you can show proof to the Division of Motor Vehicles that you are insured.
- Second offense: minimum $1,000 fine and license suspension for four months.
- Third and subsequent offenses: minimum $1,000 fine and license suspension for eight months.
- Courts may add up to 40 hours community service to the above penalties.
Fees For Reinstating Licenses
A $40 reinstatement fee and file future proof of liability insurance, in the form of an SR22, with the Motor Vehicle Division. The SR22 form is obtained from an insurance company.
What If I Get Convicted For Driving Without Insurance.
Upon conviction for Failure to Provide Proof of Insurance, the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires the driver to obtain and maintain SR-22 Liability Insurance. Drivers must keep this insurance for a period of 3 years.
Failure to obtain and maintain the SR-22 Insurance, results in an Administratively Suspended of the driver’s license. Suspension will remain until SR-22 Liability Insurance is obtained.